Intro to Fly-Fishing Clinic
Class Size: 10 Student Limit
Class Time: 6 PM-8 PM
· March 12th: Nicole Tomlin is an instructor, guide, sheep shearer and shop staffer.
Are you “fly-curious”? Have you ever wanted to learn what it takes to go fly-fishing, and need a little help to get you started? Then this is the perfect clinic for you! In this 2 hour clinic, we will give you a basic understanding of how to fly-fish, and cover:
- What is Fly-Fishing?
- What gear do you need to get started
- How to utilize your local shop
- Reading the water
- What is a dry fly? What is a wet fly?
- Knots and when to use them
- Basic River Etiquette
- A brief indoor “how-to” fly-casting demo
If you’re looking for a more in-depth class, we offer an array of comprehensive and more advanced fly-fishing classes throughout the year. You can find these other classes on our web-site at: https://westernriversflyfishing.com/classes/
Call the shop at: (801)-521-6424. Or stop in the shop to sign up. * We require payment in full to reserve your spot!*
All you need to bring to this clinic is a pen and a pad of paper if you’d like to take notes. We look forward to introducing you to the basics of fly-fishing, and sharing with you our passion for chasing fish with a fly rod!